Day trip: a beautiful site, an oh-no site

Earl is an expert driver, and can drive from the right side of the car, stay on the left side of the road, and even manage round-abouts.

I am not an expert passenger. I fret way too much and am better off just looking out the window instead of the windshield. Happily, my efforts are rewarded because I see beautiful Cotswold countryside of sheep, stone walls, row hedges -- and many fields that look like are burning with yellow fire.







This yellow plant has the unfortunate name of "rapeseed" and is used in canola oil. Fields of it are a glorious sight to behold!

On the down side, some of the roads we drive are called "Single Track." That means it's about the width of a driveway.  This is the view out my windshield on a Single Track ...


 Should you meet another car -- or truck -- and you will, THIS becomes the view ...


I gasp every time because locals drive soooo fast! One driver then has to back up to one of the "lay-bys," a slight widening in the road that occur not that often. Will I ever get used to this?!?

Comments

  1. Ol' Ter decided he was going to drive us from Edinburgh to St. Andrews over our last visit to the UK. I spent my time urging him to stay left and thinking he's trying to have a wreck on my side of the car.😨

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wouldn't see this going well with many American drivers! "I was here first!" "No I WAS HERE FIRST!" Standoffs in the single track!
    Or maybe all those pretty yellow flowers put everyone in a good mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you sure you aren’t in Kentucky with the names of these towns you are visiting?😜

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to post a comment!

Popular Posts