Last conversation in The Cotswolds

For my granddaughter Cecilia, who enjoys hearing a conversation...

GRANDPA: Gram, do you know what today is?

GRAM: Yes, it's Saturday, May 26.


GRANDPA: It's also the day we pack up our suitcases and leave our cottage here in the Cotswolds.

GRAM: I know.

GRANDPA: You seem 😔, Gram.

GRAM: I am, a bit. We have been here 3 weeks. We have had such a marvelous time! We saw so many beautiful places -- and I got to pretend I was friends with Jane Austen!



GRANDPA: We have had marvelous adventures! But today we drive to another part of England, to the city of London. We'll go to a hotel to spend the night tonight. Then tomorrow, Sunday, we board the Eurostar train.

Do you remember where the train is taking us, Gram?

GRAM: I do! Ooo-la-la, as Fancy Nancy would say.


We are going to Paris, the biggest city in France! But since we'll be in London today, can we have some fun there?

GRANDPA: Good idea! We have to spend any British money we have left.

GRAM: That's right, because the British money can't be used in France. But I was just getting used to using pence and pounds!


GRANDPA: I know. But we can get used to the money they use in France. The dollars are called Euros.

GRAM: Everybody in England speaks English. It's going to be challenging to be in France with everybody speaking French! I wish I would have learned to speak French. But I do know how to say one thing in French: "J'ai de beaux petits-enfants."

GRANDPA: What does that mean in English, Gram?

GRAM: It means "I have beautiful grandchildren."



GRANDPA: What a coincidence! I do, too!


GRAM:  🤗🤗🤗 HaHaHa - you make me laugh, Grandpa!

GRANDPA: Well, Gram, we better get packing. It's time to go to London then Paris.

GRAM: Grandpa, I'm excited to see the Eiffel Tower and the Mona Lisa in Paris. But I have one question: do I have to hang out laundry in Paris?





GRANDPA: HaHaHa! Now you have me laughing! 🤓🤓🤓

The End

Comments

Post a Comment

Feel free to post a comment!

Popular Posts