Monday in Lower Slaughter, Bourton-on-the-Water

The temp was in the UPPER 70s and we headed for LOWER Slaughter, a sweet little town. So many people could not resist getting their feet wet in the river that mosies through town ...




Including The Mister ...



Wonder if he would have tried it after the horses did?



I never pass up a chance to see a church, and St. Mary (an Anglican church) was just the right size for this village.

 
Two interesting items: the people of the church (men and women, the sign said) had needle-pointed the kneelers ...



And in the back of the church was this area so, I assume, little ones could be kept busy but still be in church. Clever idea!


After Lower Slaughter, we went to a village called Bourton-on-the-Water, where at the Small Talk Tea Room I enjoyed my first tearoom scone of this trip!

 


Earl went to the Motor Museum in town while I sat outside in the shade and read my book, conveniently stored on my phone.

We shopped only a tiny bit. I did NOT buy this ...



but I did buy a God Save the Queen tea towel. You betcha.



Comments

  1. I would have been in the water with Dad, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to post a comment!

Popular Posts