"Domestic Experiences" ... but it gets better

One chapter in Little Women, one of my favorite books, was titled "Domestic Experiences." It was my least favorite chapter because Meg had gotten married and how boring was that! I wanted to read about Jo the writer.

This blog will probably be my most boring entry as I report on domestic experiences. But when you live away from home for three months, you gotta take care of business. Want proof this post will be boring?  Here's what we did this afternoon (below) ...


None of these Bavarian towns have laundromats. We did find this one in the outskirts of Salzburg ... so we had to come to grips with the fact that we were in one of the prettiest places in the world and we were doing laundry with the college guys.

Want a glimpse of more domestic experiences? Earl loves to grill out (below) ... and does it well with the eastern Alps as the background.



I'm on a roll with domestic life! Grocery shopping needs to be done. But we are in happy-shock at the LOW prices in Bavaria. These prices (below) are in Euros, figure about 16 percent more in US dollars.










We walked out of the grocery with bags of groceries including beer and wine and had spent around $50. And, of course, restaurant prices are likewise very reasonable around here. Makes up for Switzerland! 

Okay, enough domestic experiences! Today is Father's Day so I let Earl pick out the place for tonight's dinner. He picked a restaurant at a pension (type of small hotel) up a mountain by a neighboring village. A delicious meal with an outstanding guy and a breath-taking view!






As the sun started to set, we were amazed to see that because of cloud positioning, sunlight was on parts of the valley beneath us but not on other areas. A very fun sight to watch unfold as while we dined on the patio.



 

The meal was great, starting with mushroom soup (below) ...


But then The Mister had to semi-rain on my parade by saying, "I can't believe you want to take a photo of a mushroom in the soup."

But I wanted YOU to see it! You do want to see it, right? (Below.) Is that not a jumbo mushroom, my friend?



And I bet you want to see our dessert (below). Thank goodness we ordered ONE cream puff to split. (Forgiving him for his mushroom photo remark, I let The Mister have most of the dessert.)


On our way to the car, we stopped to look at the deer in the field behind the pension.





That's it for today!  Thanks for reading my blog. Oh, and for those who sent me a text or email about my last blog (I love to hear from you!), the standard English plural of octopus is really octopuses and not octopi.


Jane

Comments

  1. Voll Milch. Thought Volls were small rodents similar Moles.
    Milch is Milk. How could it take get a marketable quanity of it.
    Do Voll milkers sit on teeny stools?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to post a comment!

Popular Posts