I'm so shallow

Regrettably, it's true, as you can see here with me showing off new earrings.

Confession time: we go to these medieval towns that we love and really marvel at the history, like at the market square (below) built in 1665 in the town of Chipping Campden. I loved walking through it and imagining the farmers in the Stuart period selling their goods here.


When we were in Stow-on-the-Wold, I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw this sign (below). This inn was built 846 years before The Golden Lamb in Lebanon, Ohio's oldest inn!

 

 I am awe-struck by local rural areas ..



... and we have been to church so often, I am ready to start preaching.

But I must admit, my heart has its own special beat for the SHOPS that we see.


 
Inside and outside, these shops range from darling to dramatic, from sophisticated to whimsical ... and I scurry to the door. Each town has dozens to enjoy.


 I even go into shops where I can't possibly shop, like this antique furniture store below.

There often is a bit of history in the shops as many are in buildings that are centuries old. So that makes me feel less shallow! This gift store left part of their ceiling bare (below) so we can see the original wooden ceiling. How cool!

I don't buy a lot -- and I don't buy expensive. But it's fun to find little treasures ... like my earrings from Wales ...

... and this adorable bottle stopper made of antique iron ...



... and these scissors that for some strange reason I just had to have:


The Mister tags along with me, but I admit I miss my girls (YOU!) who love to shop as much as I do. But The Mister is patient and even encourages me to go to any and every shop I want ... probably because when there's a shop he wants to visit, I tell him to take his time.







Love,
Shallow Jane

Comments

  1. What fun! The shops are so interesting. I'm looking forward to show and tell when you get back. Those scissors are adorable. Good find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like my scissors, Kate. They just grabbed me.

      Delete
  2. “Shallow “ is not an adjective I would ever use to describe you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shop away! You're enjoying the experience, not just the items, and how often do you have access to things like that?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to post a comment!

Popular Posts